All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionA preface is an excellent opportunity for an editor to speak directly to the reader and share with him the goals, hopes, struggles, and produc- tion of a volume such as this. It seems to me that I have an important obligation to tell you the origins of this volume. This is idle chatter, but rather an integral part of scientific inquiry. It is important before delving into content, theory, and methodology to talk about motivation, values, and goals. Indeed, it is always necessary to explicate from the very beginning of any intellectual and scientific inquiry the implicit assumptions governing that exercise. Failure to do so is t only an ethical but a scientific failure. We learn, albeit all too slowly, that science is a moral enterprise and that values must be explicitly stated, removing from the shadows those implicit beliefs that often motivate and deter- mine our results. No better or more relevant example can be found than in the review of the implicit assumptions of the early IQ psychometri- cians in this country (see Kamin's book, The Science and Politics of IQ, 1975).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/03/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight623 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byM. Lewis
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.