All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrkney's Italian Chapel was built by Italian POWs held on the island during the Second World War. In the sixty-five years since it was built it has become an enduring symbol of peace and hope around the world. The story of who built the chapel and how it came into existence and survived against all the odds is both fascinating and inspiring. Author Philip Paris' extensive research into the creation of the Italian Chapel has uncovered many new facts, and this comprehensive new book is the definitive account of the chapel and those who built it. It is a book that has waited to be written for sixty-five years.
- Author BiographyPhilip Paris has worked in journalism and public relations for many years. His quest to tell the story behind the Italian Chapel began in 2005 when he went to Orkney on honeymoon. During more than three years of research he has tracked down ex-POWs from the WW2 Orkney camps as well as descendants of the key artists involved in building the chapel and those involved in running Camp 60. He has also written the novel The Italian Chapel which was published in 2009.
- Author(s)Philip Paris
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication20/03/2013
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Content Note8pp plates
- Weight376 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.