All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrlando is destined to live for four hundred years ...During the Elizabethan era, the young courtier Orlando becomes a lover to the aging Queen and embarks on an intense affair with the beautiful Russian Princess Sasha. Yet while Orlando can fulfil most of his desires, he never quite seems to fit in. Then one night, Orlando falls into a deep sleep and awakes transformed, emerging as a woman in eighteenth-century London. Orlando must w inhabit a very different life, dealing with matters of dress, sex and marriage. But will she arrive in the twentieth century as an individual who has, at last, forged a place in society for herself?
- Author BiographyVirginia Woolf was born in London in 1882. Shortly after her father's death, she moved to Bloomsbury where, with her sister, the painter Vanessa Bell, Virginia met writers and artists such as Lytton Strachey and Roger Fry, forming what later became known as the Bloomsbury Group. In 1912 she married Leonard Woolf and together, in 1917, they founded their own printing press. Virginia Woolf met Vita Sackville-West in 1922, for whom the brilliant fantasy of Orlando was written. She died in 1941 after drowning herself in the River Ouse.
- Author(s)Virginia Woolf
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Canons
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content Note8 spoof b&w photos scattered in the text.
- Introduction byTilda Swinton
- Edition StatementMain Canons Imprint
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.