All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionDonald Justice's poems have been greatly admired by his fellow writers on both sides of the Atlantic. He was awarded the 1979 Pulitzer Prize for his 'Selected Poems' and in 1991 the Bollingen Prize in Poetry. Orpheus Hesitated Beside the Black River adds uncollected and recent poems to the very best of a lifetime's commitment to poetry.
- Author BiographyDonald Justice was born in Miami, Florida, in 1925 and grew up there. After graduating from the University of Miami, where he had studied musical composition with Carl Ruggles, he attended the University of North Carolina, Stanford and Iowa. His first book, 'The Summer Anniversaries', was the Lamont Poetry Selection for 1959. It was followed by 'Night Light' (1967), 'Departures' (1973) and 'Selected Poems' (1979) which the following year was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in poetry. He has also edited 'The Collected Poems of Weldon Kees' (1960). He has received grants in poetry from The Rockefeller Foundation, The Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Author(s)Donald Justice
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/1998
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight174 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.