All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionOrwell's Faded Lion traces the history of Britain from the end of the Second World War, during the darkest days of which George Orwell wrote The Lion and the Unicorn, calling for a British revolution, to the present. The book confronts the actual direction taken by British society against the background of the high hopes of the generation that survived the war. The book also considers Britain alongside its European neighbours, drawing upon personal experiences of living and travelling widely in Europe, as well as experience of left-wing party politics and of the Northern Ireland situation in the 1980s.
- Author BiographyAnthony James was born in 1956 and graduated as a mature student in English at University College Swansea in 1991. His poems, short stories, reviews and essays have been published in a large number of journals, and his book The Happy Passion: A Personal View of Jacob Bronowski was published by Imprint Academic in 2011.
- Author(s)Anthony James
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication20/04/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight251 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.