All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet onboard an ocean liner travelling to Australia in 1864, this vel is both a love story and an historical tour-de-force that relates the developing romance between Oscar Hopkins, an Oxford seminarian, and Lucinda Leplastrier, a Sydney heiress with a fascination for glass. Australian writer Peter Carey is the author of a selection of short stories, The Fat Man in History and two vels, Bliss and Illywhacker .
- PrizesWinner of Booker Prize for Fiction 1988. Shortlisted for Best of the Booker 2008.
- Author(s)Peter Carey
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication19/06/1989
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date07/05/2008
- Weight344 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.