All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionBojana Mojsov tells the story of the cult of Osiris from beginning to end, sketching its development throughout 3,000 years of Egyptian history. This work: draws together the numerous records about Osiris from the third millennium B.C. to the Roman conquest of Egypt; demonstrates that the cult of Osiris was the most popular and enduring of the ancient religions; shows how the cult provided direct antecedents for many ideas, traits and customs in Christianity, including the concept of the trinity, baptism in the sacred river, and the sacrament of the Eucharist; and, reveals the cult's influence on other western mystical traditions and groups, such as the Alchemists, Rosicrucians and Freemasons. This work is written for a general, as well as a scholarly audience.
- Author BiographyBojana Mojsov was born in Skopje, Macedonia. She is a celebrated Egyptologist and has worked in the Egyptology Departments of both the Metropolitan and Brooklyn Museums in New York. She has also acted as an advisor to the American Research Center in Cairo on restoring the tomb of Sety I in the Valley of the Kings, and as an advisor on the new collections at the National Museum in Khartoum, Sudan.
- Author(s)Bojana Mojsov
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.