Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionLA WRENCE G. RAISZ, MD Division of Endocrilogy and Metabolism, University of Connecticut Health Center. Farmington. CT The rapid transfer of new kwledge concerning the pathogenesis, diagsis, preven- tion, and treatment of disease into clinical practice has always been a major challenge in medicine. This challenge is particularly difficult to meet in osteoporosis, t only because has been so much new kwledge generated in recent years, but also because this there disorder has t caught the attention of many practicing physicians. The goal of this volume is to help primary care physicians develop a better understanding of osteoporosis and a more effective approach to diagsis, prevention, and treatment. As primary care physicians become more and more responsible for the maintenance of health and the prevention of disease, osteoporosis must become one of their important concerns. The magnitude of the problem of osteoporosis has been widely publicized. Within the next 30 years, the cost of hip fractures alone is expected to exceed $40 billion a year in the United States and will be a major cause ofincreased mortality. In addition, vertebral crush fractures will cripple more and more of our elderly population, both men and women. This ermous toll is t inevitable. Current methods of identifying individuals at risk and applying preventive programs could reduce the incidence offractures by 50% or more. This should be the minimum goal of clinicians.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Clinical Practice
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight596 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byClifford J. Rosen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.