All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than two decades, the artist Renee Green has created an impressive body of work in which language is an essential element. Green is also a prolific writer and a major voice in the international art world. Other Planes of There gathers for the first time a substantial collection of the work she wrote between 1981 and 2010. The selected essays initially appeared in publications in different countries and languages, making their availability in this volume a boon to those wanting to follow Green's artistic and intellectual trajectory. Charting this cosmopolitan artist's thinking through the decades, Other Planes of There brings essays, film scripts, reviews, and polemics together with reflections on Green's own artistic practice and seminal artworks. It immerses the reader in three decades of contemporary art showcasing the art and thought, the incisive critiques and prescient observations of one of our foremost artists and intellectuals. Sound, cinema, literature, time-based media, and the relationship between art forms and other forms of kwledge are just a few of the matters that Green takes up and thinks through. Sixty-four pages of color plates were selected by the artist for this lavishly illustrated volume.
- Author BiographyRenee Green is an artist, writer, and filmmaker. Her exhibitions, videos, and films have been seen throughout the world in museums, biennales, and festivals. A selection of her books includes Endless Dreams and Time-Based Streams, Ongoing Becomings, Between and Including, Shadows and Signals, and, as editor, Negotiations in the Contact Zone. Green's essays and fiction have appeared in magazines and journals such as Transition, October, and Collapse. She is also a Professor at the MIT Program in Art, Culture and Technology, School of Architecture and Planning.
- Author(s)Renee Green
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note290 illustrations, incl. 249 in color
- Weight967 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.