All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOtitis media (OM) is the most common diagsis at medical visits in preschool-age children, and the literature suggests that as many as 80% of children will suffer from at least one episode. Written by ackwledged experts, this is a state of the art reference on the disesase and controversies in the field. Recent important advances in our understanding of predisposition to the disease and vaccine development are described and diagstic best practices are presented. Otitis Media: State of the Art Concepts and Treatment is for any health care provider who works with children, and their ability to diagse and appropriately manage OM is therefore an essential skill. The roles of antibiotics, tympastomy, and surgery in the treatment of OM are carefully examined, with discussion of the impact of guidelines and future directions. Otitis Media: State of the Art Concepts and Treatment is an invaluable source of up-to-date information for all involved in research into OM and its management.
- Author BiographyDiego Preciado, MD, PhD, FAAP, is Associate Professor of Surgery, Pediatrics, and Integrative Systems Biology at George Washington University and Fellowship Program Director in the Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC. Dr. Preciado graduated from University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, in 1997. After a residency in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the School, he joined the Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH. In 2006 he was awarded his PhD in Otolaryngology from the University of Minnesota Graduate School and in the same year he joined the Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC. In 2009 Dr. Preciado was awarded the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Honor Award in recognition of volunteer contributions to the Academy, of which he is a Fellow. Dr. Preciado is a reviewer for several leading journals and has published more than 40 articles in peer-reviewed publications.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/06/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 9 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight485 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDiego Preciado
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.