All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionA traditionalist designer with imperial ambitions or an avant-garde general leading the modernist charge, a Secessionist architect with a penchant for symbolic effects, or a materialist proponent of realist values - Otto Wagner can be portrayed in many ways. As the ten essays in this volume argue, however, a more complete portrait is achieved when seemingly contradictory aspects of his rich architectural and literary oeuvre are allowed to find their own historical balance. These essays focus less on the visually seductive aspects of Wagner's creations than on the social, intellectual and artistic framework within which the architect brought his works to fruition. The result is a broad but concentrated exploration of the parameters of Wagner's expression - a canvas of a period in which the sensualist aesthetic tendencies of the late 19th century merged with the more material vision of 20th-century art.
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/1993
- Series TitleIssues & Debates
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGetty Research Institute,U.S.
- Content Note142 b&w illustrations
- Weight1188 g
- Width192 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byHarry Francis Mallgrave
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.