All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ottoman Touch is an introduction to the classical arts and crafts of the Ottoman period. Being both an academic and artist, Kusoglu discovers the subtle secrets of various traditional arts and crafts, depicting them with lucid texts and vivid images. This book deserves to be a handbook for all who are interested in the Ottoman and Turkish history and art. Calligraphy, marbling, silver embossing, decorative beading, incrustation and many more are waiting to be discovered by avid readers.
- Author BiographyMehmet Zeki Kusoglu graduated from the State College of Applied Fine Arts in Turkey, and in 1964, he received a state grant, with which he went to Germany for postgraduate studies. He became interested in Turkish, Islamic, and Eastern art while conducting research in the museums and libraries in Germany and other European countries. He held exhibitions, published articles and books, gave seminars, and made more than 100 presentations at national and international conferences.
- Author(s)Mehmet Zeki Kusoglu
- PublisherBlue Dome Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Dome Press
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 182 colour illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width220 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.