Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionOw, yuck, EEW, ack! From blisters, bruises, and bleeding to stings, sprains, and broken bones, there are so many things that bother the body. And whether a child has a crummy cold, a ferocious fever, a nasty bite, or a burn from touching a hot stove, pain is confusing and distressing. Why does it feel so bad? Can something make it stop? For all those kids who want to be doctors, scientists, or medical professionals, here s their first introduction to the way the body works. OUCH! comforts hurting kids by explaining all the different ways they get injured and sick, how their body works, and what parents and doctors can do to make it all better again. It covers all the familiar childhood ailments upset tummies, sore throats, earaches, allergies, infections, and even poison ivy. Youngsters can explore the armor (like skin) that keeps the bad stuff out, the warriors that attack the stuff that does get in, and the maintenance crew that cleans up the mess and heals them. Whether they want to understand what s wrong and learn what they can expect, or get ready for a future career in medicine, this information and the accompanying photos and fun illustrations will take them there.
- Author BiographyJoe Rhatigan has authored more than fifteen books for children and adults, including DON'T UNRAVEL WHEN YOU TRAVEL and OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD ASTRONOMY. He has also produced several best-selling books and series, including 101 PLACES YOU GOTTA SEE BEFORE YOU'RE 12!, WHITE HOUSE KIDS, and the My Very Favorite Art Book series. Joe has been a poet, a teacher, a marketing manager, and a newspaper boy. He lives in Asheville, North Carolina with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Anthony Owsley,Joe Rhatigan
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImagine Publishing, Inc
- Out-of-print date10/12/2014
- Content NoteFull Colour Illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.