All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn international bestseller delivering good news on brain function and ageing We all worry sometimes that our brains - particularly our memories - just don't work as well as they used to. In this illuminating book, internationally acclaimed Dutch neuroscientist Andre Aleman shows that although the decline in our mental capacities begins earlier than we think, this is t such a bad thing. In fact, older people are more resistant to the effects of stress, cope better with their emotions and with complex situations, and are - generally speaking - happier than their younger counterparts. Our Ageing Brain will change the way we think about age and mental acuity. Drawn from the latest research in cognitive science, it outlines what takes place in the brain as we age, how to recognise the early symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, and how to distinguish fact from fiction when it comes to ways of slowing down the ageing process. It concludes with the seven most important things we can each do to keep our brains healthy. Published here in English for the first time, this is a refreshing, informative, and ultimately reassuring examination of what happens to our most important organ as we grow older.
- Author BiographyAndre Aleman is professor of cognitive neuropsychology at the University of Groningen. An internationally respected neuroscientist, he has received international awards and scholarships for his work. In 2011, he published the highly successful *Figments of Our Imagination: why we see, hear, and think things that aren't there* (published in Dutch). Annette Mills was born in the UK. After graduating from King's College, London University, she lived for several years in North Africa and the Middle East, finally settling in the Netherlands in 1978. She has worked as a translator since 1981, both at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and as a freelancer.
- Author(s)Andre Aleman
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight224 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byAnnette Mills
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.