All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- Description'An astonishing work' - Joanne Harris Every parent's worst nightmare became a reality for Ian Clayton. On a short holiday break in Hay-on-Wye he took his nine-year-old twins caeing, and in a freak accident his daughter Billie was drowned. In a remarkably frank and vivid way Clayton describes what happened on that spring day, his desperate attempts to save his two children, and then what it felt like two years later to come face to face with the men who hired out the cae. But Our Billie is t a story of bitterness and recrimination. Instead it's the story of how a family attempts to come to terms with something which makes sense at all. Through his memories of Billie and his wonderfully affectionate portrait of the small town in Yorkshire where the family has lived for generations, he weaves a story of loss and remembering, of gratitude and forgiveness.
- Author BiographyIan Clayton has been a freelance writer and broadcaster for twenty-five years. His highly acclaimed memoir of a life in music, Bringing It All Back Home, was published in 2007. He has presented programmes on BBC TV, ITV Yorkshire, the Discovery Channel, and regularly on radio. He has also led workshops in prisons, hospitals, schools and art centres. Ian was born and still lives in west Yorkshire, with his partner Heather and son Edward. He likes listening to jazz and blues, reading about folklore and music hall, and indulging in tap-room conversation and gentle subversion.
- Author(s)Ian Clayton
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Note8pp inset
- Weight145 g
- Width1 mm
- Height1 mm
- Spine1 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.