All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustralia 1789. A young married lieutenant is directing rehearsals of the first play ever to be staged in that country. With only two copies of the text, a cast of convicts, and one leading lady who may be about to be hanged, conditions are hardly ideal...Winner of the Laurence Olivier Play of the Year Award in 1988, and many other major awards, Our Country's Good premiered at the Royal Court Theatre, London, in 1988 and opened on Broadway in 1991. 'Rarely has the redemptive, transcendental power of theatre been argued with such eloquence and passion.' Georgina Brown, Independent Methuen Student Editions are expertly antated texts of a wide range of plays from the modern and classic repertoires. As well as the complete text of the play itself, the volume contains a chrology of the playwright's life and work; an introduction giving the background to the play; a discussion of the various interpretations; and tes on individual words and phrases in the text.
- Author BiographyTimberlake Wertenbaker was born in France and was Resident Writer for 'Shared Experience' in 1983 and the Royal Court Theatre 1984-85. She is best known for her play Our Country's Good (1988), based on the novel The Playmaker by Thomas Keneally. First performed at the Royal Court in 1988, it was awarded the Laurence Olivier/BBC Award for Best New Play, the New York Drama Critics' Circle Award for Best New Foreign Play and was nominated for six 'Tonies'.
- Author(s)Timberlake Wertenbaker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/08/1995
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudent Editions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Note1 colour, 8 page sections
- Weight216 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byBill Naismith
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.