All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered what life was like for your German ancestors? Have you ever tried to find a book on everyday village life? If so, you've probably already figured out that there aren't any books out there on the topic! But w, you can learn all about German village life in a book that is filled with information, but fun to read. Our Daily Bread uses a fictitious family, the Mann's, to explain the major historical events and the everyday customs in German villages between the years 1500 and 1850. Read chapters on wars, religion, community structure, courtship and marriage, inheritance, family life, and emigration. Recommended for anyone who is curious about who their German ancestors really were, or anyone who would simply like to kw more about German history and culture.
- Author BiographyTeva Scheer earned a Ph.D. from the University of Colorado in 2000. Our Daily Bread is her second book of historical non-fiction. The first, Governor Lady, is the biography of the first woman elected a state governor. Governor Lady was nominated for best biography in 2001 by the Colorado Book Awards (Colorado Endowment for the Humanities). Teva and her husband live outside Victoria, British Columbia, where she writes, teaches, and gardens.
- Author(s)Teva J Scheer
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.