All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionFeatured on the front page of the New York Times, Our Declaration is already regarded as a seminal work that reinterprets the promise of American democracy through our founding text. Combining a personal account of teaching the Declaration with a vivid evocation of the colonial world between 1774 and 1777, Allen, a political philosopher rewned for her work on justice and citizenship reveals our nation's founding text to be an animating force that t only changed the world more than two-hundred years ago, but also still can. Challenging conventional wisdom, she boldly makes the case that the Declaration is a document as much about political equality as about individual liberty. Beautifully illustrated throughout, Our Declaration is an uncommonly elegant, incisive, and often poetic primer on America's cardinal text (David M. Kennedy).
- Author BiographyDanielle Allen is the James Conant Bryant University Professor at Harvard University and author of Our Declaration: A Reading of the Declaration of Independence in Defense of Equality, winner of the Parkman Prize. She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Danielle S. Allen
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Content Note35 illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.