All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionKwledge is never static. It is always open to revolutionary thinking or to evolving development. Similarly an individual's kwledge is always moving, and indeed if the ability to think about ideas is lost, an important part of the individual is also lost. In this book, a collection of some of the papers and lectures written by Michael Jacobs over a period of thirty or more years, the author shows his own thinking at work, as he challenges himself to look deeper at some important aspects of his discipline - principally psychodynamic psychotherapy, although always with reference to other forms of discourse such as literature and theology. Here the reader will find the writer behind those popular texts such as The Presenting Past, Psychodynamic Counselling in Action and Shakespeare on the Couch.
- Author BiographyMichael Jacobs is a Visiting Professor at the Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, and in independent practice in Swanage, Dorset, where he supervises counsellors, sees clients and continues to write and edit. He was, prior to retirement, Director of the Counselling and Psychotherapy programme at the University of Leicester for fifteen years, and prior to that a therapist in the Student Health Service at the same University for twelve years. His books on psychodynamic counselling and therapy are used as key texts on many training courses - notably 'The Presenting Past, Psychodynamic Counselling in Action' and 'Still Small Voice'. Other recent publications include 'The Therapist's Use of Self' (written with John Rowan) and 'Supervision: Questions and Answers for Counsellors and Therapists' (co-written with his wife, Moira Walker).
- Author(s)Michael Jacobs
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.