All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- Description1976: Peggy Hillcoat is eight. She spends her summer camping with her father, playing her beloved record of The Railway Children and listening to her mother's grand pia, but her pretty life is about to change. Her survivalist father, who has been stockpiling provisions for the end which is surely coming soon, takes her from London to a cabin in a remote European forest. There he tells Peggy the rest of the world has disappeared. Her life is reduced to a pia which makes music but sound, a forest where all that grows is a means of survival. And a tiny wooden hut that is Everything. She is t seen again for ather nine years. 1985: Peggy has returned to the family home. But what happened to her in the forest? And why - and how - has she come back w? As if laying a trail of breadcrumbs for readers to follow, Claire Fuller leads us on an extraordinary and heart-stopping journey as light as it is dark and as joyful as it is horrifying.
- Author BiographyClaire Fuller was born in Oxfordshire, England, in 1967. She gained a degree in sculpture from Winchester School of Art, but went on to have a long career in marketing and didn't start writing until she was forty. She has an MA in Creative and Critical Writing from the University of Winchester and lives in Hampshire with her husband and two children. She is also an artist and sculptor and has had several short stories published. Our Endless Numbered Days is her first novel.
- PrizesWinner of Desmond Elliott Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Claire Fuller
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintFig Tree
- Out-of-print date01/05/2017
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.