All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionAt the apex of progressive reform in Texas from 1907 to 1911, Thomas M. Campbell served as the state's chief executive. Closely associated with former Texas Goverr James Stephen Hogg, Campbell played a central role in reviving the Hogg reform movement and building a strong record of progressive laws in areas such as social welfare, public education, and tax reform. In the broader context of southern progressivism, Campbell was a leading progressive goverr much like Hoke Smith of Georgia, Benjamin Comer of Alabama, Charles B. Aycock of North Carolina, and Andrew Jackson Montague of Virginia. This full biography of Campbell's life and political career shines a light on his contributions and successes as well as his failures and shortcomings. In Our Fighting Goverr, Janet Schmelzer explores Campbell's life, political career, and legacy. At the same time, she provides new insight into the inner workings of the Texas Democratic Party at the turn of the twentieth century. She uncovers Campbell's political philosophy and the importance of his leadership that guided the agenda for progressive reform, resulted in the passage of reform legislation, and marked him as a southern progressive goverr.
- Author BiographyJanet Schmelzer is professor of history at Tarleton State University, USA and the author of Where the West Begins.
- Author(s)Janet Schmelzer
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleCentennial Series of the Association of Former Students, Texas A&M University
- Series Part/Volume Number123
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.