Our Land at War: Britain's Key First World War Sites by Nick Bosanquet (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.14Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe First World War was a human catastrophe but it also saw a dynamic development of new weapons and a new kind of war; between the lions and the donkeys came the managers - and the workers - who transformed a nation into a war machine in forty-eight months. Our Land at War takes you on a journey to the key places that witnessed this war effort and those at all levels of society who brought about the change. The war created a new world of vast hutted camps and a new kind of transport system that even involved a lighted barrage across the Channel. From Aldershot - the home of the British Army - to the War Office in Whitehall, from Scapa Flow to Yarmouth, this is Britain's war mapped for the first time. Nick Bosanquet uncovers where this national revolution took place, exploring Britain's Great War heritage and helping you to locate the hidden history of war at the end of your street.
- Author(s)Nick Bosanquet
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpellmount Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.