Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionMother died at 8:58 So begins this story of seven extraordinary children who, faced with the unkwn terrors of an orphanage, decide t to report their mother's death. They bury her in the garden, telling people only that she's too sick to have visitors. Then a menacing stranger appears, claiming to be their father. He agrees to keep their secret-and from that moment the story moves relentlessly to its mesmerizing climax.
- Author BiographyJulian Gloag was born and brought up largely in London. After graduating from Cambridge University, he spent several years in New York publishing. Following the publication of Our Mother's House in 1963, he began to devote his full time to writing leading with the critically acclaimed A Sentence of Life (1966).
- Author(s)Julian Gloag
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Reader
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.