All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionParis has seduced many, but for Ellie Nielsen it's true love. So deep was her infatuation with the city that, if she couldn't have it all to herself she simply had to buy her own little piece of it. The object of her desire seems so simple: the sort of apartment she'd seen a thousand times in magazines and books. Something effortlessly charming, and old, and quirky - and beautifully done up. A place exuding character and Parisian chic. Something quintessentially French. The only trouble is that she can spare just 2 weeks in which to realize her dream. But can she negotiate a deal in a foreign language without offending the French? Is it possible - or just a ridiculous fantasy? French phrasebook in hand, plucking up her reserves of savoir faire, and accompanied by her ever-tolerant husband and her young son, Ellie embarks on an adventure. Our Own Piece of Paris is a hilarious and entirely delightful love-song to the most stylish city in the world.
- Author BiographyEllie Nielsen was born in Ballarat, spent her childhood moving from one Australian country town to another and has continued to travel ever since.She has worked as a typist, theatre publicist, dramaturg, and actress.She is married with one son and lives in both Melbourne and Paris.Our Own Piece of Paris is her first book.
- Author(s)Ellie Nielsen
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight210 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.