All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $11.59Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $54.41
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $19.33
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $17.07
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is suitable for ages 5 to 7 years. When a beloved grandmother becomes ill and is longer able to be in the sun, her granddaughter is inspired to create a garden she can enjoy. She and Poppa work together in secret to transform Nana's garden into a night blooming oasis, a place where she can be with the creatures and plants that bring her happiness. As they work with seeds, trowels and wheelbarrows to cultivate moonflowers, star jasmine, and other lumius, pale, sweet-smelling plants, they discover the sensory beauty of the garden at night. They learn to listen for the call of the cicadas, the songs of the night-jars, and the scampering of a family of racoons. Everyone in the family is enchanted by the healing power of the 'shadow' garden, a feast for all the senses and a true gift of love. Gardening facts and tips accompany the vibrant illustrations, which were created by children who are battling cancer.
- Author BiographyCherie Foster Colburn is a certified Texas Master Gardener, a landscape designer, and a freelance garden writer who has been featured in Houston House and Home magazine. Children's Cancer Hospital at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, has raised more than $26 million for cancer patients and their families selling note cards and gift items that feature original art by pediatric cancer patients.
- Author(s)Cherie Foster Colburn
- PublisherBright Sky Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBright Sky Press
- Content Note32 colour illus
- Weight430 g
- Width280 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.