CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2011, a major rebuilding project was completed at North Middlesex University Hospital (NMUH). Artist Sue Ridge and writer and poet John Davies (aka Shedman) were commissioned to create a public artwork using photography, new writing inspired by the hospital, its history and neighbourhood, collaborations with other artists and poets, and through the responses to social engagement questionnaires. Sue and Shedman then created a hybrid artwork incorporating text and image to be displayed on the walls of the new atrium lift lobbies. Our Storeys documents the project, including images from the artwork, critical appreciations, articles and interviews, and - most importantly - the poems that contribute to such a beautiful display. Poetry was the logical inspiration for the project, since the local area of Edmonton and Enfield has strong poetic connections with, amongst others, John Keats, Thomas Hood, Thomas Hardy, Bob Cobbing and Carol Ann Duffy. The poems and excerpts on the walls engage with the local community to create a layering of history, inspiration and experience. The artwork w lives alongside the community that gave rise to it.
- Author BiographyJohn Davies is a poet, publisher, and master of the flat-pack shed. Born in Birmingham, he's now based in Brighton where he founded Pighog Publishing and has devoted himself to discovering and supporting other poets, and spreading his love of poetry, writing and storytelling through Shedman; his festive alter-ego. Sue Ridge has worked as an artist, an art consultant and a curator in numerous hospital environments. She also teaches as a visiting lecturer of fine art at Chelsea College of Art. She is a member of the executive committees for London Arts in Health and the Public Monuments and Sculpture Association.
- Author(s)Davies John,Sue Ridge
- Date of Publication07/07/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.