All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur Voices: Essays in Culture, Ethnicity, and Communication examines intercultural communication through an array of cultural and personal perspectives, with each of its contributors writing a first-person account of his or her experiences in the real world. While most readers are collections of scholarly essays that describe intercultural communication, Our Voices presents short, student-oriented readings chosen with an eye toward engaging the reader. Collectively, the readings tackle the key areas of communication-rhetoric, mass communication, and interpersonal communication-using a uniquely expansive and humanist perspective that provides a voice to otherwise marginalized members of society. Praised by students for its abundance of short, first-person narratives, Our Voices traverses topics as diverse as queer identity, racial discourse, and codes of communication in ntraditional families.
- Author BiographyAlberto Gonzalez (PhD, The Ohio State University) is professor and chair in the Department of Communication at Bowling Green State University. His research has appeared in various journals including Quarterly Journal of Speech, Southern Communication Journal, Communication Quarterly, Western Journal of Speech Communication, Intercultural Communication Studies, Women & Language, and Journal of Poverty. Yea-Wen Chen (PhD, University of New Mexico) is assistant professor in the School of Communication Studies at Ohio University. Her research addresses issues of cultural identities, ideologies, and social justice within intercultural relationships across local and global contexts. Her work appears in such journals as Journal of International and Intercultural Communication, Howard Journal of Communications, and Journal of Intercultural Communication Research, and she also contributes invited book chapters and to online publications.
- Author(s)Assistant Professor Yea-Wen Chen,Professor Alberto Gonzalez
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight726 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement6th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.