All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Geographic Society's world-rewned cartographers are proud to present a state-of-the-art world atlas for children ages 3 to 6. This updated edition of the award-winning <i>National Geographic Our World: A Child's First Picture Atlas</i> uses a puzzle-piece motif to introduce children to maps and geography and is the result of careful collaboration with experts in early childhood education. This big, boldly illustrated atlas invites young adventurers to explore the world's places, people, and animals. Lively text, pictures, and interactive activities make it easy and fun for kids to learn about and understand their world. In today's interconnected world, kids hear different languages, see different types of clothing, and eat food from different countries every day. Toys, televisions, and clothing all have labels saying where they were made. Children's natural curiosity will demand they kw where these places are, who lives there, and what kind of things they do. This bright, beautiful atlas, chock-full of fun facts, ensures that even the youngest kids have the learning tools they need to find the answers to their questions. This updated edition features: 3 world maps, 7 continent maps, United States map, Canada map, 75 full-color illustrations, interactive activities, glossary, and pronunciation guide. There's a great big wonderful world out there for kids to explore with the mapping experts at National Geographic.
- Author BiographyBillie W. Kapp, a Social Studies consultant for the Connecticut Geographic Alliance, acted as chief educational consultant for this atlas. She is a PIER Fellow at the Yale Center for International and Area Studies and the recipient of the Milken Family Foundation National Educator Award.
- Author(s)National Geographic Society
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication12/07/2006
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width268 mm
- Height351 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.