Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $71.95
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $45.90Trending at AU $53.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.04
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.32
About this product
- DescriptionWherever we live in the world - whether our country is rich or poor - water is vital to our survival on this planet. This book follows the daily lives of six children from Peru, Mauritania, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Tajikistan and California and explores what water means to them. Where does it come from? How do they use it? With the growing threat of floods and droughts occuring throughout the world due to global warming, this book invites discussion on these topics as well as documenting the ways different countries and cultures value this most precious of our planet's natural resources.
- Author BiographyBeatrice Hollyer has been a writer and traveller all her life. As a television reporter and newscaster, she covered conflicts in the Gulf, the Middle East, South Africa and the former Yugoslavia, and reported from Europe and the United States. She was born in South Africa and has lived in London for the past twenty years. She gave up war zones when her daughter was born in 1994 and has since worked as a consultant and writer. She is the author of two parenting books. Our World of Water follows Wake Up, World! and Let's Eat in this series of picture books for children. Oxfam works in 77 countries and supports nearly 3,000 long-term development projects. Its publishing division helps raise awareness of life and cultures all over the world. Zadie Smith is the author of three novels, most recently On Beauty, and the editor of the short-story anthology The Book of Other People.
- Author(s)Beatrice Hollyer
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width228 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Photographs byOxfam
- Foreword byZadie Smith
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.