All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a guide for the maturing man: complete with route-finder, service areas, scenic highlights and emergency callout advice. It gathers the best wisdom and experience of many men on enjoying your best years to the full, on the skills you need to handle the losses and shipwrecks, and on how to grow through them. It offers insights, inspiration, practical advice and resources for further help.The aim is simple: enjoy life w! The book offers wisdom from the unexpected, like a Wiltshire wood, football, Sufi mystics, car maintenance, and heroic myth. Topics in the book include: Change and renewal. A fresh look at relationships. Work, money - and fulfilment. Tackling health issues. Family Dynamics: ageing parents and lots more. Last Chance Saloon: addictions, anger, depression, alternatives. Dreams, dawns, dying, inspiration. Giving and receiving: friends, groups, communities. Sex: Yes you can! Maturing organically: sustaining your happiness, giving back. The book offers an easy, entertaining read to guide men through this new stage of life.It's also helpful for partners, family and friends who want to understand and support them.To handle new needs and challenges there are self test exercises, and further resource guides.
- Author BiographyAlan Heeks, 64, is the author of The Natural Advantage and has re-invented himself, his work and his relationships. He has been a successful businessman and entrepreneur, and is now an expert on sustainable living. After a 26-year marriage and two kids, he enjoyed a second adolescence in his fifties, and has recently remarried. Alan is a member of two men's groups, has lived in a cohousing community for six years , and has led many groups on men's issues, finding your life purpose - and knowing where your towel is.
- Author(s)Alan Heeks
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.