All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA...humane and very beautiful book . (Garth Greenwell, author of What Belongs to You). A young boy has fled his home. Crouched in his hiding place he hears the shouts of the men hunting him. When the search party has passed, what lies before him is an infinite, arid plain, one he must cross in order to escape those from whom he's fleeing. One night he crosses paths with an old goatherd and from that moment thing will ever be the same for either of them. Out in the Open tells the story of a boy in a drought-stricken country ruled by violence. A closed world where names and dates don't matter, where morals have drained away with the water. In this landscape the boy, t yet a lost cause, has the chance to learn the painful basics of judgement, or to live out forever the violence with which he grew up. Winner of the European Union Prize for Literature 2016.
- Author BiographyJesus Carrasco was born in Badajoz in 1972 and currently lives in Seville. Since 1996 he has worked as an advertising copy writer. His first novel, Out in the Open, was declared Book of the Year by booksellers in Madrid. The Dutch translation was shortlisted for the European Literature Prize 2014. Out in the Open will be published in nineteen countries around the world.
- Author(s)Jesus Carrasco
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight158 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.