Best-selling in Other Books
Save on Other Books
- AU $12.01Trending at AU $18.00
- AU $25.30Trending at AU $28.79
- AU $14.85Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $26.42
- AU $29.01Trending at AU $32.01
- AU $21.04Trending at AU $21.66
About this product
- DescriptionI grew up in Harlem. It was a tough neighborhood, a global melting pot of Jewish, Black, Irish and Italians fighting to survive. I fought more than others. All the anti-Semitism. This was the late 1930's, at the start of Nazi Germany and Kristallnacht, the murdering of Jews that would continue through Hitler's cowardly suicide in '45. Imagine - surrounded by Catholics who were taught that Jews killed Jesus Christ. I had to flight all the time. Name-calling. Threats. It was constant. Sometimes I felt so alone. I ran with an Irish gang, the only Jew. As close as I was to them, when it came to Catholic vs. Jew, I was outnumbered. By myself. I didn't fight the boys in my gang, but it seemed I fought everyone else on the block.
- Author(s)Marty Lipin
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.