All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the perspective of current regionalisms and deterritorializations, Out of Place offers a critical reading of the 'Centennial decade' in English-Canadian literature as it is reflected in the literary and critical writings of Robert Kroetsch. The aim of this study is twofold. It provides a close reading of the work of a writer who occupies that borderland between postmodernism and postcolonialism that seems to be so typically Canadian. And by drawing a line that links the concepts of territory, language and identity, it searches for an appropriate critical methodology for approaching that place called Canada, its many histories and languages, its myths. Kroetsch's work reveals the ultimate dismissal of the thematic quest for identity - a quest undertaken by Frye, Atwood, and others in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He, however, asserts the primacy of the tion of place as the starting point of his reflection on the experience of living and writing in Canada today. An interview with Robert Kroetsch closes the book.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Simona Bertacco (1971) has studied at the University of Venice and at the University of Genoa, where she received a Ph.D. in English Studies. Her areas of specialization are contemporary Canadian literature in English, literary theory and women's writing. She has published a series of essays on contemporary Canadian literature. She now teaches English and Translation at the Universities of Venice and Trent.
- Author(s)Simona Bertacco
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleIRIS Ricerche di Cultura Europea/Forschungen zur Europaischen Kultur
- Series Part/Volume NumberBand 18
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight390 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.