All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a crisp winter s day in Glenwood Canyon, Colorado, Art Daily suffered a terrible tragedy. While driving home with his family from a youth hockey game, a large boulder dislodged from the canyon wall and struck their car, killing his wife and two sons while leaving him inexplicably untouched. In one instant, Art s entire life crumbled, leaving him feeling utterly alone. As family, friends, and the entire Aspen community rushed in to offer comfort and support, Art faced what he imagined to be a bleak and lonely future. But what he found surprised him: the healing power of a stranger s grace. That stranger was Allison, a twenty-eight-year-old Texan who had stopped in Aspen on her way to a new life. Allison was a woman struggling with her own grief following her older brother s suicide and the end of her marriage. When she heard of Art s tragedy, she felt compelled to reach out to him, a person whom she had never met but with whom she identified deeply. Art and Allison forged a close friendship, tending to each other s wounds and eventually falling in love and starting a family. And through it all, the living memory of Art s wife and sons guided and comforted them. Out of the Canyon is the inspiring story of how two people found the courage to move on after profound heartbreak. Art and Allison teach us that it is t only possible to live through such turmoil, but to embrace life anew. And, with humility and understanding, they offer direct insight and advice on what truly helped them deal with irreversible change and how we can do the same. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyART DAILY is a senior partner at Holland & Hart LLP, the largest law firm in the Rocky Mountain West. ALLISON DAILY is the director of Pathfinders Valley Angels, a nonprofit organization that serves Aspen-area cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. She works as a substitute teacher in the Aspen public school system and as a unit clerk in the obstetrics department of Aspen Valley Hospital. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Allison Daily,Art Daily
- PublisherThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Weight222 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.