All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
About this product
- DescriptionPatrick Modia, winner of the 2014 Nobel Prize in Literature, is the author of more than thirty books and one of France's most admired contemporary velists. Out of the Dark is a moody, expertly rendered tale of a love affair between two drifters. The narrator, writing in 1995, looks back thirty years to a time when, having abandoned his studies and selling off old art books to get by, he comes to kw Gerard Van Bever and Jacqueline, a young, enigmatic couple who seem to live off roulette winnings. He falls in love with Jacqueline; they run off to England together, where they share a few sad, aimless months, until one day she disappears. Fifteen years later, in Paris, they meet again, a reunion that only recalls the haunting inaccessibility of the past: they spend a few hours together, and the next day, Jacqueline, w married, disappears once again. Almost fifteen years after that, he sees her yet again, this time from a distance he chooses t to bridge. A profoundly affecting vel, Out of the Dark is poignant, strange, delicate, melancholy, and sadly hilarious.
- Author BiographyJordan Stump is a professor of French at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is the translator of numerous novels by Marie Redonnet, Eric Chevillard, Christian Oster, Lutz Bassmann, and Antoine Volodine, many of which are available from the University of Nebraska Press. His translation of Claude Simon's The Jardin des Plantes was awarded the French-American Foundation's translation prize and he was named Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. He is also the author of The Other Book: Bewilderments of Fiction (Nebraska, 2011).
- Author(s)Patrick Modiano
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byJordan Stump
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.