All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn Out of the Jungle, historian Thaddeus Russell gives us a detailed, crisply written, and fascinating account of Jimmy Hoffa's life and times, much of it previously untold. Russell argues that Hoffa was compelled by a variety of social forces to place the ecomic interests of his union members over broad ideological concerns. The most important of those forces was the demonstrated desire of ordinary Teamsters to improve their material lives. \u0022What do you hire us for,\u0022 he famously asked a meeting of truck drivers, \u0022if t to sell your labor at the highest buck we can get?\u0022 He responded to the rank-and-file members' demands as did ne of his contemporaries in the labor movement, seeking financial gain with the mercilessness that made him rewned and feared. This new paperback edition will be most cherished by students of labor history and American studies.
- Author BiographyThaddeus Russell is visiting Assistant Professor of History at Barnard College. Born and raised in Berkeley, California, he graduated from Antioch College and received his Ph.D. in history from Columbia University. He lives with his wife in New York City.
- Author(s)Thaddeus Russell
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/03/2003
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleLabor in Crisis
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.