Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe ancient Celtic lands of Erin and Alba, Ireland and Scotland, are rich in myth, legend, folklore and the tradition of oral storytelling. From stories of the fearless Fianna, to enticing tales of saints and the bewitching legends of faerie folk, this magical book brings together ancient with contemporary stories to create a rich legacy of tales, given a history perspective by editor Linda Williamson. Legends of the overwhelming power of love, faith and passion stand alongside adventures of cunning and bravery. Myths that explore Scottish history and heritage are contrasted with quirky comic tales of magic and mischief. Collected by a master storyteller 'Out of the Mouth of the Morning' captures the excitement of hearing a story performed.
- Author BiographyDavid Campbell was born in Edinburgh and spent his childhood in the story, and song, rich North-East of Scotland where he gained a lifelong passion for the poetry and power of the word. He graduated with honours in English from the University of Edinburgh. He worked in BBC Scotland for many years devising, scripting and directing a wide variety of radio programmes. He has also reviewed books and drama extensively in the Scottish press and published poems and short stories in Scottish literary magazines such as Chapman, Words and Textualities. He co-wrote a children's book The Three Donalds (Scottish Children's Press), wrote two collections of stories (St Andrews Press) and is at present working on a literary ceilidh of the great traveller Duncan Williamson. As a popular ambassador of Scottish lore and literature, he has toured extensively with his repertoire of talks and stories. He currently lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)David Campbell
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.