All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionOn a dark and stormy night in 1816, a teenage girl sat down and invented science fiction. Mary Shelley was more than 18 years old when she wrote Frankenstein . From the moment of its publication 200 years ago, readers have been wondering, as Mary put it, How I, then a young girl, came to think of, and to dilate upon, so very hideous an idea? Outcasts takes readers behind the scenes, to reveal the surprisingly contemporary thoughts and feelings of Mary, an unmarried mother and the lover of radical poet Percy Shelley, their friend Lord Byron, and the other guests at the most famous literary party in history . What led the daughter of two of the most radical philosophers in England to turn her hand to horror? As the 200th anniversary of Frankenstein approaches, many readers will be rediscovering the vel, perhaps reading it for the first time. Outcasts reveals new insights into the origin of the most famous monster in the world, while showing us the stunning new science, radical politics and social turmoil of Europe in the wake of the Napoleonic wars. The world was on the brink of a new era, when anything and everything was possible, and in this brave new world a new literature - and a timeless Creature - was born.
- Author BiographySarah Stegall writes novels and reviews. Her reviews have been cited in academic television and cultural studies such as Cult Television, Escape Into the Future, Aliens In America, The Philosophy of The X-Files, Convergence and Reality Squared (which called these reviews among the best critical commentary available on the Web ). She is the author of the young adult science fiction novel Farside (CreateSpace, 2011); a series of murder mysteries set in San Francisco: Deadfall (Wavelength Books, 2012) and Deadwater (Wavelength Books, 2013); and a science fiction novel Chimera (Wavelength Books, 2013). With Brian Lowry, Stegall co-authored The Truth Is Out There - The Official Guide to The X-Files and Trust No One, The Official Third Season Guide to The X-Files. With Andy Meisler, she co-authored I Want to Believe (The Official Guide to The X-Files, Vol. 3). Stegall currently resides in Northern California, USA.
- Author(s)Sarah Stegall
- PublisherWings Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWings Press
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.