All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionPrince George-based outdoors expert, Mike Nash, shares what he has learned about outdoor safety and survival during more than thirty years of year-round treks into the rugged backcountry of western Canada. This dynamic and up-to-date handbook discusses ways to prepare for and deal with any number of critical situations that may arise in remote and mountaius terrain and is packed with information on: general safety principles what to take with you finding your way coping with year-round weather conditions unexpected overnight trips wildlife encounters communication strategies Interspersed with reality checks, the book aims to keep outdoor enthusiasts safe when travelling in the outdoors, all the while ensuring an appreciation of the many splendours that outdoor adventuring has to offer.
- Author BiographyMike Nash has 34 years of experience with outdoor and backcountry recreation in Prince George and northern British Columbia, and has been writing about the area in newsletters, magazines and a community newspapers for over a decade. Mike is the author of Exploring Prince George: A Guide to North Central B.C. Outdoors (RMB, 2007).
- Author(s)Mike Nash
- PublisherRocky Mountain Books,Canada
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRocky Mountain Books,Canada
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight305 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.