All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are all mindful of the increasing news coverage of outdoor play and its benefits, but how can you go beyond the sandpit and hopscotch to create a magical and creative experience for the children in your care? This book provides all the encouragement you will need to set up and run an outdoor toddler group. It provides a step-by-step guide to selecting an appropriate site, resourcing the outside area, devising age-appropriate activities, planning activities and the legal requirements involved. Including an overview of the developmental milestones of babies and toddlers, it shows you how you can meet their specific needs. Features include: * An activity bank full of games, suggestions for crafts, Forest School activities and songs and stories * Practical advice on risk assessment and health and safety * Guidance on working with parents and carers * Adaptable planning templates With a strong emphasis on providing fun learning activities throughout the year, this book will be essential reading for all those that want to provide high quality outdoor experiences for the youngest children in their care.
- Author BiographyIsabel Hopwood-Stephens is a qualified teacher and OCN Level 3 Forest Schools Leader. She has run many groups and school trips specialising in Forest School activities for children, from pre-school outdoor parent and toddler groups to eleven year olds in after-school clubs.
- Author(s)Isabel Hopwood-Stephens
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight249 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.