All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first vel in the bestselling outlander series. It is w a major TV series. It was previously published as Cross Stitch. Claire Randall is leading a double life. She has a husband in one century - and a lover in ather. In 1946, Claire Randall is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon in Scotland. Incently she walks through a stone circle in the Highlands, and finds herself in a violent skirmish taking place in 1743. Suddenly she is a Sassenach, an outlander, in a country torn by war and by clan feuds. A wartime nurse, Claire can deal with the bloody wounds that face her. But it is harder to deal with the kwledge that she is in Jacobite Scotland and the carnage of Culloden is looming. Marooned amid the passion and violence, the superstition, the shifting allegiances and the fervent loyalties, Claire is in danger from Jacobites and Redcoats - and from the shock of her own desire for James Fraser, a gallant and courageous young Scots warrior. Jamie shows her a passion so fierce and a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire, and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
- Author BiographyDiana Gabaldon is the author of the international bestselling Outlander novels and Lord John Grey series. She says that the Outlander series started by accident: 'I decided to write a novel for practice in order to learn what it took to write a novel, and to decide whether I really wanted to do it for real. I did - and here we all are trying to decide what to call books that nobody can describe, but that fortunately most people seem to enjoy.' And enjoy them they do - in their millions, all over the world. Published in 42 countries and 38 languages, in 2014 the Outlander novels were made into an acclaimed TV series starring Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser and Caitriona Balfe as Claire. Seasons three and four are currently in production. Diana lives with her husband and dogs in Scottsdale, Arizona, and is currently at work on her ninth Outlander novel.
- Author(s)Diana Gabaldon
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOutlander
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight630 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementTV Tie-In
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.