All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of short, action-filled stories of the Old West's most egregiously badly behaved female outlaws is a great addition to Western author Robert Barr Smith's books on the American frontier. Pulling together stories of ladies caught in the acts of mayhem, distraction, murder, and highway robbery, it includes famous names like Belle Starr and lesser kwn characters, and contains archival illustrations and photographs. Some famous females earned their criminal status through less-than-ladylike pursuits, making a living by capitalizing on the other sex's weaknesses of drinking, gambling, and enjoying the company of women. More than a few, like Cecilia and Edna The Rabbit Murray, weren't above robbing a bank or two to stay afloat for a while. Others, however, were much more sinister in their aims, earning a living by making sure others kept dying. Visitors to the homes of Kate Bender and Belle Gunness--dozens, less--went missing over the years, only to be dug up months or years later, when suspicions were finally aroused.
- Author BiographyRobert Barr Smith entered the United States Army as a private in 1958. He served in Vietnam with 4th Infantry Division, more than seven years in Germany, and with troop units and on posts throughout the United States, retiring as a Colonel. He is a Senior Parachutist, and holds the Legion of Merit (two awards), the Bronze Star, and other decorations. He holds two degrees from Stanford University and is a Professor of Law Emeritus at the University of Oklahoma, where he also served six years as Associate Dean for Academics and Associate Director of the Law Center. He lives in the Ozark Hills of southern Missouri, and is the author or co-author of sixteen books and more than a hundred magazine articles, primarily in military and western history.
- Author(s)Robert Barr Smith,Robert Smith
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/08/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note19 black & white halftones
- Weight263 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.