All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Robert Nagourney felt like he had made a terrible mistake. Many years ago, as an oncology fellow, his lifelong desire to be a healer and a physician had been replaced by his role as an administrator of toxic, ineffective chemotherapies. His patients weren't only dying; he was poisoning them. He resolved that the remainder of his career would be dedicated to finding better, invative ways to treat cancer. By rethinking what cancer is and how it behaves, Dr. Nagourney has developed a smarter, more effective way to treat cancer patients. In OUTLIVING CANCER, Dr. Nagourney describes the scientific rationale for his particular approach to cancer medicine - beginning with an interest in cancer as a disease and his good fortune to work with many accomplished doctors, to the obstacles he encountered along the way. He, also, expands upon the profound impact the concept of programmed cell death has had upon his worldview. In this book, readers will come to understand that cancer is t what it once appeared to be, that its management has often been ill conceived and ill applied. And finally, the reader will see that simple insights have enabled Dr. Nagourney to demonstrably improve his patients' outcomes. By taking a fresh look at some of medicine's most sacrosanct dictates, he has found better, faster, smarter ways to solve even the most complex problems.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Nagourney specialises in internal medicine, medical oncology and haematology. He founded Rational Therapeutics, a cancer research institute located in Long Beach, California, that has pioneered the development of functional profiling in human tumours.
- Author(s)Robert A. Nagourney
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.