All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionFor the UK equivalent of this book, please see General Surgery Outpatient Decisions edited by Michael Gaunt, Tjun Tang and Stewart Walsh. Few doctors receive formal training on how to conduct an outpatient consultation or how to compose and dictate an outpatient letter. Trainee surgeons in each new specialty spend their first few weeks in outpatient clinics learning by experience, with all the pitfalls this entails. Much work involves seeing patients who have been brought back for review by their predecessors. Problems are caused by inexperience, unfamiliarity, fear of making mistakes, the pressure of patient numbers and lack of training. New doctors will find little help in the standard textbooks on how to follow-up patients. This book provides the vital background information to enable rational decision making in a concise and ecomical manner. It describes reasonable and safe lines of management suitable for most patients; ideal for when discussion with a senior colleague is t possible. Surgical outpatient services have undergone tremendous change in recent years. The traditional general surgical clinic has been replaced by specialist clinics where decisions on patient management are taken by multidisciplinary teams. This multi-authored volume takes into account the multidisciplinary approach. As well as an overall review of general outpatient issues, every major specialty is covered, with clear tes for each condition covering history, examination, investigations, results, treatment, follow-up and post-operative follow-up. The book can be read before or during clinics, and enables trainees to have an action plan in mind before they walk into a consultation. All surgeons have to be trained to go through the process of dealing with unfamiliar clinical conditions for the first time. This book is an important foundation on which to build their personal kwledge.
- Author(s)Alan Dardik,Michael Gaunt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.