All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPascal Engel investigates how outside directors are incentivized in family firms that are publicly listed but still partly owned by members of the founding family. Owning families significantly influence their firms' corporate conduct with their own set of goals, sometimes in conflict with ecomically driven goals of the capital markets. The author analyzes how family shareholders exert their influence on compensation schemes of outside directors who have the difficult task to protect the interests of family and n-family shareholders. This book provides insights on current approaches of defining a compensation scheme that attracts qualified outside directors but concurrently reflects respective shareholders' preferences.
- Author BiographyDr. Pascal Engel wrote his dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Andreas Hack at the Institute for Family Businesses at WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar.
- Author(s)Pascal Engel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleFamilienunternehmen und KMU
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight269 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.