All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionLiz has always loved gardening ever since she was a child, and is frequently outside in her dressing down first thing in the morning, 'like so many of us who love their gardens.' This is her fourth book of humorous verse, but her first on gardens and gardeners (and probably the first humorous poetry collection ever about amateur gardeners). Nothing misses Liz's warm and wicked wit - snails and slugs, triumphs and disasters, favourite flowers and infuriating weeds, sy neighbours and expensive tree surgeons, the frustration of overcrowded flower shows - here is everything from the joy of seeing the first crocus to the irritation of losing a much-loved trowel. Laugh through the four seasons as you read over 100 gems, penned in many different styles from classic to modern, and always written straight from the heart.
- Author BiographyLiz Cowley has had a long career as an advertising copywriter, and has always loved gardening in her spare time. Also keen on wild flowers, for several years she acted as Creative Advisor to Plant Talk - a magazine for professional botanists sold in 80 countries, and has edited two books on gardens - From the Ends of the Earth and This Infant Adventure - Offspring of the Royal Garden at Kew, both by Christian Lamb and published by Bene Factum. Her first two humorous poetry books - A Red Dress, (Constable & Robinson 2008) and What am I doing here? (Bene Factum 2010) - were made into a stage show which appeared in Dublin, was the finale of the West Cork Literary Festival, and then toured the UK in 2011. A third book of poetry, And guess who he was with? (Liberties Press) will be published in March 2013.
- Author(s)Liz Cowley
- PublisherBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.