All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe main feature of an outstanding lesson is that all students make progress. Taking the structure of a lesson as the starting point, this book demonstrates how assessment for learning can be used to enhance and support all aspects of the learning process. Including chapters on embedding assessment during each phase of the lesson, using assessment data to inform planning, questioning techniques and feedback, the book will help you to use assessment effectively to produce outstanding results. Packed full of practical strategies, this book shows you how you can make assessment meaningful in the classroom, directly impacting your students and creating a more automous learning environment. It is written specifically with the class teacher in mind and draws on a range of different examples across many subjects to deliver ideas that can be translated with ease to everyday teaching practices. With a strong focus on including assessment practices in the planning process to achieve outstanding results, this book covers: * assessment for learning and an overview of the learning cycle * practical teaching strategies and effective techniques to use in the classroom * marking, feedback and using data to drive learning * embedding assessment for learning in your classroom, department and school An effective guide for outstanding teaching and learning, this book offers an invative approach and is packed full of practical exercises that are easy to apply in the classroom, proving essential reading for newly qualified and experienced teachers alike.
- Author BiographyJayne Bartlett has worked in education for over ten years in a range of schools with roles at senior leadership level and is currently working freelance as an independent teaching and learning trainer and consultant.
- Author(s)Jayne Bartlett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.