Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes a lesson outstanding? This book describes what expert teachers do in classrooms, workshops, laboratories and workplaces and examines why they are so successful. The evidence emerges from twenty real lessons judged by Her Majesty's Inspectors to be outstanding. The book examines the features these lessons have in common. The shared characteristics focus on the ways in which teachers plan, teach and assess in order to ensure that all their students work hard, enjoy learning and achieve high standards. As well as examining the most frequently used approaches to teaching and assessment in these outstanding lessons, the author dispels commonly-held myths about lesson observations undertaken during inspection. Descriptions and analyses of the twenty lessons provide the backdrop to stimulating discussions about pedagogy, context-specific learning and tions of excellence. Uniquely the book: Focuses exclusively on outstanding practice, derives its evidence from real lessons, uses real practice to explore aspects of educational theory and research, draws on the perspective of an author who has experience as one of Her Majesty's Inspectors. Relating real practice to educational theories and research, this book is essential reading for those who are training to teach or working in the lifelong learning sector.
- Author BiographyHarriet Harper works for The Higher Education Academy, having previously been one of Her Majesty's Inspectors. She has extensive experience of working in both further and higher education, as well as in teacher education for the post-compulsory sector.
- Author(s)Harriet Harper
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.