All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong recognized as one of the seminal volumes on the fundamentals of map, compass, and altimeter route finding, Outward Bound Map & Compass Handbook, 3rd Edition w includes the latest information on GPS receivers, complete with all new color illustrations. This concise guide features practical advice on choosing the right compass, reading and using topographical maps, and mastering the GPS, as well as tips on how to steer clear of the most common route finding errors. Whether you're looking for a beginner course on outdoor navigation or want to sharpen your skills before heading back into the wilderness, Outward Bound Map & Compass Handbook, 3rd Edition will prove invaluable.
- Author BiographyGlenn Randall, a renowned author, outdoor photographer, and mountaineer, has written nine other books, including The Outward Bound Staying Warm in the Outdoors Handbook and The Outward Bound Backpacker's Handbook. He lives in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Glenn Randall
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleOutward Bound
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight16 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.