Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIf there is one aspect of current cancer research that represents a major ch- lenge in both vice and experienced researchers, it is the rapid advance in our understanding of the disease. Researchers can be required to switch from analysis of gene expression to kinetics of protein activation, from genetic studies to the analysis of protein funtion. Cancers are highly complex disease systems and researchers aiming to understand the functioning of cancer systems require access to a wide range of laboratory techiques from a broad range of research disciplines. Increasingly, however, published methods are incomplete or refer back to a series of previous publications each containing only a small part of the complete pro- col. The aim of Ovarian Cancer: Methods and Protocols is to provide for ovarian cancer researchers in the first instance, a laboratory handbook that will facilitate research into cancer systems by providing a series of expert protocols, with proven efficacy, across a broad range of technical expertise. Thus, there are sections on tumor genetics and cellular signal transduction, as well as sections on apoptosis and RNA analysis. The value of Ovarian Cancer: Methods and Protocols to the ovarian cancer researcher will, I trust, be considerably enhanced by (1) the provision of a series of overviews relating to the biology, diagsis, and treatment of this important neoplasm, and (2) the provision of a series of technical overviews introducing each part that provides an expert review of the applications and pitfalls of the various techniques included.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/09/2000
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 39
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1754 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byJohn Bartlett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.